Welcome to another installment of the Fiddle Jam Club Newsletter!
I hope this finds you all well and enjoying the first days of your 2015 summer!
So, what’s new?
1) The flagship Fiddle Jam 101 Course has finally gone through a version 2.0 update! 8 modules and a whopping 77 units should help any fiddle jammer get enough experience so that they will be comfortable jamming in nearly any style! New Lifetime access is included in the price. Also new is random, do-any-lesson-in-any-order access so you can come back to review at anytime. Webinars, tutorials, jam-along tracks, charts, quizzes, and opportunities to post “homework” videos of your (voluntary) performances all round out the experience. Great for the new-bee jammer to get a good well-rounded creative foundation, the Classical pro who desires to “get off the page” and get hip, or the hobbyist who is just brain-weary from memorizing fiddle tunes and wants to be able to play along even if they do not know the song. All are welcome and will benefit. Check it out in the School Store here>>Fiddle Jam 101 Course
2) I am planning on doing another Open Office Hour in the coming week or so. Please send me your questions and suggestions of things to cover. See the past couple here>>Open Office Hour
3) I was featured again in the newest issue of iFiddle magazine with a piece on Western Swing Fiddle icon Johnny Gimble who passed recently. I re-posted my story piece here>> FJi Johnny Gimble
4) I did a nice little lesson on ear training essentials after having a talk with a talented DJ/turntablist who wanted to be able to glean the key of songs in live music situations by ear, so that he could choose samples that matched the band better. I thought this kind of info would be good for any musician actually. Here’s the lesson link>> Ear Training Foundations
5) I’ve recorded another Truck Talk, but this one got deep enough to require some additional audio example tracks and very likely will become a course of it’s own in the future. It is about the art of using distortion on your electric violin. Which is a lot deeper and detailed than one might think. It’s a super expressive and exciting sound and NOT just for guitar players anymore. Watch for that soon. Check out more recent Truck Talks here>>Truck Talks
Overall, I’m pretty excited about the new developments! I hope you are with me! Stay in touch. Don’t be shy about sending me your thoughts and questions. You can use the form below.
Remember, if you ever want off of this list, just let me know!I’m not looking to spam anyone with unwanted inbox intrusions.I’ll most likely be sending this out a couple times a month as we head into this new phase… maybe just a little more when there’s something new going on. Till next time!