Check out these lessons on particular styles of music and how violin/fiddle is applied to them! Many more to come!
- Rock – from early 1950’s “Rock n Roll” through Folk & Pop Rock, and all the way to Punk Rock & Heavy Metal!
- Jazz – an American invention from the early 1900’s featuring improvisation at it’s core!
- Blues – from Africa to North America and then spread around the world. Everybody feels “blue” sometimes… the Blues helps us all feel… better!
- Country – From early Hank Williams all the way to modern country hits.
Hybrids, -isms & schisms…
- Fiddle Tunes – old (usually early 1800’s) melodies with simple chord back-ups
- Bluegrass – related to fiddle tunes above, but often faster and more complicated melodies.
- Folk Music – simple music of the people!
- Western Swing – Bob Wills style from the 1930’s & 40’s in the Texas & Oklahoma areas.
- Gypsy Jazz – in the style of Django Reinhardt & Stephane Grappelli. Often called “Hot Club” music.
- Zydeco/Cajun – New Orleans, Louisiana (USA) area Mardi Gras party dance music!
More to Come! Reggae, Rap, Hip Hop, Pop, RnB, Klezmer, Latin, Celtic, Fusion, Children’s Music, Funk, Acid Jazz… we will start with the most popular basics, but will keep adding as we can!